Don't Forget His Grace
All throughout the book of Deuteronomy we see a tremendous repetition of the word, "remember". The Lord knew His people would be prone to forget all that He had done for them. He knew that once they forgot, they would pursue fleeting pleasures and wander from their True King and Deliverer.
Much like Israel in Deuteronomy, we are astonishingly good at forgetting all the amazing things God has done for us and the grace He has shown us in the Gospel. When we forget His grace, we seek to rely on our own strength to accomplish what only He can do.
His Word tells us that His grace is sufficient for us, but what is grace? Grace is:
"God's provision for our every need when we need it." (Warren Wiersbe)
HIS GRACE IS ENOUGH
Our weakness provides the opportunity for God's power and glory to be displayed. Remember that it was by His grace that you were saved, and it is by His grace that you are sustained as you seek to live your life for Him. His Grace is enough for you today and His power is made perfect in your weakness! In all things, His grace is sufficient for us:
- His grace is enough to help you love that person you think is unlovable;
- His grace is enough to help you admit where you were wrong and make an honest apology;
- His grace is enough to cover the sin and shame you’ve been bearing all by yourself;
- His grace is enough to lift the disappointment you’re experiencing over things that haven’t worked out;
- His grace is enough to mend the brokenness and pain you feel from being sinned against by others;
“And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
Don't forget: His grace is enough always and forever on our “best” days and especially on the bad. We are weak, but He is Supremely Strong!